- Guest Post: What Toys are Compatible with Minimates?
- What Disney's Purchase of Fox Means for Minimates
- HUGE Minimate Release
- New Preorders!
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Vinimates
- Rick Grimes vs Marvel Zombies #3 Free Minimate Comic
- Rick Grimes vs Marvel Zombies #2 Free Minimate Comic
- New Minimates and Preorders!
1. They are in the Minimate style that we love
The first thing that drew my attention to Minimates over 13 years ago was the style. The balance between the head and body and limbs is very appealing. Vinimates keep those same proportions, along with the Minimate face style. It’s hard to explain, but when I have a Vinimate in my hands, it has the same charm as a Minimate. Even though the only articulation is in the neck joint, I am drawn to the style and the feel. Vinimates are easier to spot from across the room, and my small (but growing) collection makes me happy to see.
2. The paint apps are amazing
If you have collected Minimates for any period of time, you have probably found a figure with a bad paint job. So far (knock on wood), every Vinimate I have seen has a perfect paint job. Not only is it well done, but the level of detail is higher than other vinyl figures. I have consistently been impressed with the vibrance and quality of the paint apps across this entire line. They really pop!
3. They have the DC license!
Minimate collectors have been hoping for a return to DC Minimates for years. Even though we have Gotham and Watchmen, it still isn’t the main DC line that we all want. Well, Vinimates has that line! They are basically giant Minimates of the big name DC characters. And although the articulation isn’t there, the look and feel is. As of this writing I just opened my Batman and Green Lantern Vinimates, and I absolutely love them. The most recent word from Diamond is that DC Minimates are not going to happen, so these are the next best thing.
4. Larger characters are close to Minimate scale
Some Vinimates can be used as in-scale giant-sized Minimates. The ones that immediately come to mind are the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Dr. Manhatten, and the Iron Giant. They might not be large enough to truly be in-scale with Minimates, but they are a lot larger than the Minimate versions! On my shelf, I have the Battle Damaged Stay Puft Man towering over my Ghostbusters Minimates, and it looks amazing. Soon I am going to do the same thing with Dr. Manhatten and my Watchmen Minimates. If you are on the fence about Vinimates, maybe one of these nearly-in-scale characters would be a good place to start?
5. They are an easy toy line to jump onboard
Vinimates are a relatively new toy line, and there have only been a few exclusives so far. This means that if you are the kind of collector who likes to complete a full line of toys, you won’t have to spend a fortune on rare figures - everything released so far is pretty easy to obtain. And at $10 per figure, they are comparable to other vinyl figures. I think they are much more unique looking than Funko Pops, and the paint apps are better. So for me, the $10 is much better spent on these. If you have not tried a Vinimate out of the package yet, I highly recommend it!
You can find all of our Vinimates in our Vinimates section.
It's time for a big update! First of all, we have a ton of cool preorders available, including a new wave of Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates and a classic series of TMNT Minimates from the 80's cartoon. There are a lot of Vinimates on the horizon, including some great characters from DC, Elf, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future.
After the preorder list, I have a list of what is coming next week, which is a huge shipment! It includes the Wolverine comic wave, the Spider-Man Homecoming movie wave, and a bunch of cool Vinimates. And finally, the Pirates of the Caribbean Minimates will be here by the end of the month. Check it all out below:
- Classic TMNT Minimates Series 1
- Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates Series 4
- Iron Fist Netflix Minimates Series 1 Box Set
- The Dark Tower Minimates Series 1 Box Set
- Buddy the Elf Vinimate
- Jovie from Elf Vinimate
- Stay Puft Ghostbusters Vinimate
- Harley Quinn DC Vinimate
- Green Lantern DC Vinimate
- Batman DC Vinimate
- Doc Brown from Back to the Future 2 Vinimate
- Marty McFly from Back to the Future 2 Vinimate
- Santa Nightmare Before Christmas Vinimate
- Zero Nightmare Before Christmas Vinimate
- The Pumpkin King Nightmare Before Christmas Vinimate
Arriving Next Week
- Marvel Minimates Series 72: Wolverine
- Marvel Minimates Series 73: Spider-Man Homecoming
- Sticker Kit for Marvel Minimates Series 71: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Watchmen Rorschach Vinimate
- Watchmen Nite Owl Vinimate
- Watchmen The Comedian Vinimate
- Robby the Robot Forbidden Planet Vinimate
- The Iron Giant Vinimate
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Minimates
- Jack Sparrow Pirates of the Caribbean Vinimate